Monday, October 17, 2011

Becoming a Runner

I have always been athletic.  However, my love for sports and the outdoors never translated into a love for running.  Although I have enjoyed quick jogs to clear my head or to enjoy a beautiful day, I never made it more than a few miles without completely running out of breath.  I was just happy to make it around the neighborhood and accepted this as the way it would always be.

Everything changed when I decided to train for a half marathon.  It all started three months ago when my mom had the crazy idea to run the Columbus Half Marathon.  Soon after she shared her goal, it snowballed into a family event.  My sister, Christina, her boyfriend, Jesse, and I all signed up to run with her.  I thought that it would be a great challenge to take on as a family but never thought that I could actually do it.  After training, I managed to finish my first half marathon with a time of 2:45.  I signed up to support my mom but in the end I found a love for running.

 
Me, Mom and Christina after our first Half Marathon


I decided to create this blog to serve as my running log.  I want to be able to record my progress, create a sense of accountability and hopefully inspire others as I continue on my journey as a runner.

Heather

1 comment: