Sunday, October 23, 2011

Group Run

I found a running group that meets for Saturday morning runs.  I was so excited to run with a group that had various pace groups to accommodate all runners.  I'm not a fast runner so I figured this would be a great way to meet people who run at the same pace as I do while keeping me motivated on my long runs.

Unfortunately, joining in the group run only discouraged me.  Despite the fact that there were easily forty runners, no one ran at the same pace as me.  I ended up joining two wonderful women who welcomed me to run with them at the end of the group.  However, they still run 10 minute miles.  I tried my hardest to keep up, but after only a mile, I was dying.  I think the combination of the cold weather (it was 35 degrees on Saturday morning) and the pace really killed me.

Although this group run really disappointed me, I will not give up on my quest to find a running group that fits my needs.  A running friend told me that running  groups are a lot like dating:  "You have to keep trying them out and dumping the losers until you find the right one".  While this running group isn't the right fit right now, we may have a future together down the road.   

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment