Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Fun

Although my weekend started off a little bumpy with my group run on Saturday, I wasn't going to let it get me down.  The forecast showed nothing but gorgeous weather so I was determined to get in some cross-training while enjoying the beautiful Fall weekend.

On Saturday, I went hiking to log some cross-training miles.  My boyfriend, Scott, and I decided to hike at Prairie Oaks Metro Park.  This park features scenic trails and lakes that I think are absolutely breathtaking.  It also has pet-friendly trails and a dog swimming area so that I can bring Ellie.  We ended up exploring some new trails and hiked almost 4 miles before heading home for steaks on the grill.


Sunday brought another beautiful day.  We met up with Christina and Jesse for breakfast then headed out to Circle S Farms.  Although the corn maze was a little disappointing, since it wasn't really a maze, we still had a fantastic time.  We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch and got to pick out the perfect pumpkin. 


In all, it turned out to be a great weekend filled with outdoor family fun.  I love Fall!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful fall weekend! Definitely don't let the group run get you down. You'll find one that works or maybe even decide group runs aren't your thing!

    ReplyDelete