Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello Training Schedule

I know I was supposed to start my new training schedule today. However, the weather forecast was looking super crappy so I went for a run last night instead.  A storm was slowly rolling in so it started to get dark a little earlier than usual last night.  I quickly put on my new 'Race Ya' tank and headed out the door with Ellie.  Luckily, the first run on my training schedule called for a quick 1.5 mile run so that we could make it home before the storm.


We ran down a few neighborhood streets since it was such a short run.  I don't normally run the neighborhood streets because Ellie gets distracted too easily by all the people and dogs that are usually out.  Surprisingly, we only passed one person.  Of course it was a neighbor that I know so I gave a quick wave and was on my way.  Then I felt a sharp tug.  Apparently, Ellie didn't get the memo that we were just giving a passing hello to our friend and her dogs.  Although Ellie is pretty good with the 'leave it' command, she seemed to lack self-control when she saw her friends.  After two attempts and my stern voice, she finally gave up and decided to continue on the run.  Am I the only one with this problem?

The rest of the run was pretty uneventful: just how I like it.  Once we arrived home, I had a slight pain in my left knee so I iced it.  I've never had knee pain so I will have to keep an eye on it.  My knee felt fine this morning so I'm hoping that it was just a little soreness from taking such a long break.

I also have found that I might need an armband to hold my cell phone.  I found this awesome giveaway on Karen's blog so hopefully I win.  You can enter too, just head on over to her blog.

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Run For Environment on 4th August 2013, Sunday, 6.30 Am. Venue: Bala Quila, Alwar, Rajasthan. Bala Quila is a 1000 year old heritage fort on the lush green Aravali Ranges in Alwar City. 7 Km long run for saving the environment. Register at www.runforenvironment.org

    ReplyDelete