Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm Back!

Sorry for the extended and unexplained absence from my blog.  I decided it was best to take some serious time away from the internet to study and prepare for the Ohio Bar Exam.  I am happy to announce that I completed the 3-day test on July 24th, 25th, and 26th.  I can now get back to a normal life while I wait over 3 months to get my results.  I will admit that some of the essay questions where extremely hard while others didn't seem so awful.  Overall, I feel like I did well but only time will tell.  Fingers crossed until October 26, 2012.

Now that I have free-time again, I have been enjoying every second of it.  The weekend after the Bar, Ellie and I went hiking at one of our favorite metro parks.  We love it because it features miles of beautiful hiking trails, as well as an off-leash dog park and swimming area.  Although Ellie is a lab/pointer mix, she's always been a little timid about getting into the water.  However, it was very hot when we went so she gladly splashed around but only let the water go up to her belly.  Maybe one day she will enjoy taking a nice swim.

Ellie, the adventure dog!
In addition to spending our days going on outdoor adventures, Ellie and I have been getting in a lot more runs each week so I am excited to start building our miles back up again.  This weekend we even attended the Run Fur Hope 5K to benefit the Union County Humane Society, where we adopted Ellie from.  However, we only acted as volunteers since I didn't realize we could run and volunteer :)  Either way we had a blast supporting my favorite non-profit. 

After spending the morning at the Run Fur Hope, I also ventured to the Dublin Irish Festival this weekend to enjoy music, dancing, booze, and amazing festival food.  I had never been before, but had a blast so we will definitely be going back next year.  Unfortunately fried foods and beer, means that I didn't get in a good weekend run so I'm hoping to hit the pavement tonight.

Do you have a local festival that you love attending each year?

Heather


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Heather! Glad that the bar exam is over for you. Hope you are enjoying having free time again.

    ReplyDelete