Thursday, May 10, 2012

Running with Ellie

Having a running partner seems to really motivate me.  My running partner just happens to be a rambunctious pup named Ellie.  We adopted her in February 2011 from the Union County Humane Society in Marysville, OH.  Since that day, she has brought so much joy to our lives and has grown into a wonderful running companion.  She is always ready for a run so she keeps me on my toes with her seemingly unlimited amount of energy.

Ellie's first week home.  She is 11 weeks old here.
Despite the fact that she is technically a mutt, her mix of labrador and pointer makes Ellie the perfect running companion for all of my runs whether they are long or short.  Her endurance continues to amaze me so we will have to see what her limits are.  Currently, she joins me for all of my runs that are 6 miles or less as long as it's not to hot out.  

Although Ellie loves to run with me, she is not without her quirks.  Despite taking a bathroom break before each run, she always wants to make a stop in the first mile or so.  Since we generally run on routes without trash cans, this usually leaves me running with a little bag of doggie poo until we get home.  It's bad enough that poop stinks but holding the bag always seems to make my hand sweaty to make the experience just a little more awful.

Ellie after a 3 mile run this week.

2 comments:

  1. I've run with some bags of poo, not fun but the furry running partners are the best so it makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete