Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We Set a Date!

Scott and I officially booked our venue so I can finally announce that we will be getting married on April 27, 2013.  We are having our ceremony and reception at a local country club.  Weather permitting, we are planning to have an outdoor ceremony, then move inside for the reception.

The ceremony will take place in front of the stone wall fountain which will have water running down it.  The firepit will be covered, so that the aisle can be placed down the middle to line up with the fountain.  We are also bringing in white chairs to add a touch of elegance. 


The reception will be held right inside from the ceremony location.  I'm obsessed with the ceiling and chandeliers in the ballroom.  The ceremony site will also be transformed into it's original state so that guests can return outside during the reception.

Photo copyright: Kevin Keefer Photography
There is a wedding at the country club this weekend, so I'm going to swing by before the ceremony to see how everything will look once it's all set up.  I'm so excited to see it and will try to get more photos of the space.

We are also booking our photographers this week and  I need to decide on my colors.  I just love color so it's hard to decide on only a few :)  It will be nice to get some big things off my list.  It's all so exciting but I have so much left to do.  Any wedding planning advice from those who've been through it?

Heather

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm an April bride as well (4.25.2009) Your ceremony and reception sites are absolutely beautiful. The best advice I can give you is to do what YOU want...it's your day...and don't stress about the little stuff...at the end of the day you're married to the love of your life, and that's what matters. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! It looks gorgeous. And Jen is right. My friend was getting married and she was freaking out about the color of the groomsmens tie and I asked "What color were the groomsmen ties at my wedding" and she said "I don't remember" and I said "Exactly!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What venue is that? I own VIP Photo Booths here in town and that venue doesn't look familiar to me. And I swear I've been at all of them.

    Having been to over 150 weddings in the last four years, I'd say my biggest piece of advice is to let the wedding be about you and your groom. It's the ones that are uniquely personal that I have remembered the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting married at the Country Club at Muirfield Village. We really wanted a photo booth but it's unfortunately not in our budget.

      Delete